Kayak Hire – Explore Sydney Harbour
You will feel alive and enjoy being out on the water and paddling a kayak . We offer a range of safe and reliable single and double plastic kayaks for hire that are fast and track well through the water . Our kayaks are provided by Ozpaddle. They are sit on top kayaks and not sea kayaks.
Maritime regulations require all paddlers to wear lifejackets at all times.
We do not offer kayak tours, just self guide hire. If you would like to book a Sydney Harbour Kayak Tour, please contact our partners at Ozpaddle.
- Single kayaks: First hour $25.00 and $25.00 for each hour thereafter
- Double kayaks: First hour $50.00 and $50.00 for each hour thereafter
A paddle and a lifejacket is included in your hire fee. A safety briefing is provided to you before you enter the water.
Because we only have a limited number of kayaks, it is best to arrive early for your paddle experience. Try to avoid the high demand times, during the middle of the day (11am to 1pm), as you may have to wait for kayaks to become available.
For up to date weather information and forecasts for Sydney Harbour, please check the Seabreeze website via the following link: Seabreeze Sydney Forecast.
- Always phone or text message us before you plan to visit to confirm that we are open. If the weather turns bad we can close suddenly.
- Please arrive ready to enter the water. You may get wet or fall in, so wear appropriate clothing. We do not have changing facilities but you can leave your belongings/clothing on the beach at our desk.
- You will be asked to pay on arrival for your rental. We accept cash only and do not accept credit cards. There is at ATM opposite our location within the Rose Bay RSL Club.
Kayak Hire FAQs
Do you hire out fibreglass skis?
No we don’t, only sit on top, plastic kayaks.
What should I wear?
The bottom half of your body does get wet when kayaking, so you should wear swimmers with a t-shirt/ rash vest on top plus shorts or bike pants (whatever feels comfortable paddling). If you like, you can wear waterproof shoes (such as crocs/ thongs) but no shoes is fine on the kayaks.
What should I bring?
A hat, towel, bottle of water and a dry change of clothes.
Are children allowed to kayak?
Yes, provided they are 16 yrs and over. Children under 16yrs old must be accompanied by an adult.
Can we visit Shark Island on the kayaks?
Yes, if the sea and wind conditions are suitable. You will need to pay a $7.00 landing fee to NSW National Parks. To arrange this, please phone 1300 072 757.
Do you offer guided tours of Rose Bay?
No, we do not offer guided tours with an instructor/tour guide. We only offer self guided hire.
You can contact our partner company, Ozpaddle, for guided tours of Sydney Harbour.